If you are looking forward to playing online roulette, you first need to know everything about the game. Roulette is a game of chance, and there are three main variations of it: American Roulette, European Roulette, and French Roulette.
Every player must know that there are small differences between each version (we will talk about them in detail later in this article). However, online casinos expanded the variety, offering many new types of roulette games to make it even more exciting.
The basic grounds of roulette are that you have to pick a number in which the ball will land when the wheel is spun. You pick your number by placing your bet on the roulette board/table, which has 37 or 38 numbers (depending on the version), and plenty of other different betting options. If the ball lands on your picked number or the bet you did was a successful one, you win! As you can see, it is not a hard game to play, in fact, it is pretty easy.
There is not much skill involved, as it is a game based on chance, nonetheless, there are several things to take into account in order to improve your chances of winning.
When you are playing online roulette you have unlimited time to place your bets, but if you play at a live roulette table, you will have to place your bets within a period of time.
We have just covered the basics of roulette, now let’s take a closer look at the game to learn some interesting tips.
Know your odds
Roulette is one of the casino games with the highest house edge of all. This means the odds are mostly in favor of the casino, however, there are plenty of things to take into consideration to make the odds a little bit in your favor.
Your odds change massively according to the bet you place and the type of the roulette you play, therefore, if you want to make the best out of your bankroll, you need to know which bets and type of roulette favor you.
The odds of hitting a single number with a straight-up bet is 37 to 1; this means you have one chance over 37 to win that bet. And this is the bet that payout most since it is really hard to get. The more numbers you bet, the lower the payout.
* The European Roulette: It is the most popular. In the European roulette, the wheel only has one zero, making the house edge a little bit lower (2.7%) than the other versions.
* American Roulette: This version has a double zero added to the wheel, which makes the house edge increase 5.26%. Also, the numbers are sequenced differently. The types of bets offered in this game are the same as in the European version, however, because of the elevated house edge, the payouts are larger.
* French Roulette: This version is very similar to the European variation. It also has a single zero and the bet available are the same, with the addition of two other bets (“La Partage” and “En Prison”) which work like insurance. This means that if the ball lands on zero, you will only lose half of the amount you wagered.
Inside and outside bets
Inside bets offer higher payouts but they are harder to get, the odds of winning are low. Outside bets work the opposite way; their payout is low but you have better chances of winning. The outside bets are located (in groups) outside of the numbered grid, and the inside bets are located inside the grid.
* Outside bets: They are placed outside the grid, and there are five different ones: Column bets, Dozen bets, Red or Black, Even or Odd, and 1-18 or 19-46. These are the best players make when they are looking to wager without major risk since they are more likely to win when placing outside bets.
* Inside bets: They are bets placed on individual numbers (inside the grid) or a number combination. The inside bets are Straight ups, splits, streets, squares, five numbers, snakes, and quints. The odds of winning one of these bets are low, that is why they offer larger payouts.